Be part of an innovative team and culture…
ABC7 (WLS-TV) Chicago is the Midwest flagship of the ABC television network. ABC7 is a market leader in local news coverage, signature local programming and events, and has been the number one position in local news since March 1986. The award-winning Design Department at ABC 7 produces full coverage, multiplatform creative for local events, program specials, initiatives, and newscasts. The station's offices and studios are in The Loop in downtown Chicago.
One day in life…
– Immersion in departmental meetings and critiques for creative design projects.
– Support designers and animators working with creative leads and requests
– Assist in asset creation and learn the ins and outs of creative project planning
– Participate in collaborative project discussions
– Experience the motion design process from conceptualization to completion and distribution
– Develop a thorough understanding of how design comes to life through logic-based animation and behavior
– Create artwork for multi-platform design projects
What are we looking for…
– Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year or recently graduated within the last 6 months
– Curiosity and desire to learn about brands and multi-platform designs.
– A keen eye for design fundamentals including layout, composition and typography
– Passion to explore creative techniques, graphical functions and behaviors.
– Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator.
– Understand visual communication for storytelling
– Familiarity with graphic and animation formats and file types
– Effective communication, organization and time management skills.
– Study Graphic Design, Motion Design or Communication Design in college
– Passion and ambition to explore creative techniques with infographics, branding and storytelling
– An ambitious and motivated self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced environment
– Exposure to other Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Adobe InDesign or Adobe Animate) and/or 3D platforms (such as Maxon) is helpful.
– Character design and modeling deemed relevant by experience, with understanding of this role geared toward creative design for marketing and content.
– Technically understand using Mac and PC platforms
– Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is preferred.
Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in a semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participating in the internship program OR must have graduated from the college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in the Disney College Program or Internship Disney Professional
– Must have unlimited work authorization
– Must be at least 18 years old
– Must not complete one year of continuous work in a Disney internship or program.
– All candidates must be available from August 2023 to early January 2024
– All candidates must be willing to work 20 hours/week during a Monday to Sunday schedule (hours and days will be determined by your supervisor, and may include evenings, weekends and holidays)
– All candidates must be able to have a consistent and reliable work schedule throughout the session
– All candidates must provide their own accommodation and transportation during the internship. This internship is located in Chicago, IL.
– Cover letter outlining your interest in this position, and relative experience in work, school and extracurricular activities
– Include a link to a portfolio or examples of Graphic Design work and/or Animation work for consideration
To register, please go to: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/ and search for Job ID: 10045956 or use the link:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international media and family entertainment company with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From its humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its prominent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney is proud to continue its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from all over the world. Operating in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast work together to create entertainment experiences that are universally and locally appreciated.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of the business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WLS Television, Inc. are equal opportunity employers. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where everyone's ideas and decisions help us grow, innovate, create the best stories, and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.